NoodleTools is an online integrated platform for building citations, taking notes, and managing research projects. Phoenix College Library provides an institutional subscription for PC learners. While there are many functions in NoodleTools, three features that might be of most interest to PC students and instructors are:
- Citations - Build citations with pop-up guidance for accurately following MLA, APA, and/or Chicago/Turabian style guidelines.
- Generate parenthetical references for citations.
- Catch and correct errors in punctuation, capitalization, and abbreviations as you type.
- Export Works Cited/References lists to Word, Google Docs, or a webpage.
- Notecards - Create online notecards linked to sources.
- Capture ideas and original thoughts about topics and/or sources.
- Organize notecards using piles, tags, colors, and/or action prompts (cues).
- Export notecards to Word, Google Docs, or as a webpage.
- Sharing - Collaborate with others by sharing access to specific projects..
- Work together with classmates on group assignments or participate in peer review.
- Gather comments and obtain feedback from instructors through teachers' project inboxes.
Simple registration and accessible from any computer with Internet access!